Kam, Rachel, and Michelle have banded together to discuss creative tips and recipes to help anyone who's recovering from jaw surgery. Please note we're not nutritionists - But through trial and error, we made these recipes with the hope that each meal would provide us with the nutrients we need and the zesty flavors we crave. We now share these ideas with you. Bon appetit and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

American Bandstand - With Graham Crackers!


I recently bought a box of graham crackers to try Rachel's Rico Suave. (It's an awesome shake!) But what else could I do with these crackers? I had forgotten how much I like eating graham crackers and peanut butter. But because I can't chew foods yet, having that snack was out of the question. Or was it?

Here's how to satisfy that craving:

1 bottle of Ensure, vanilla-flavored
1-2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter
8-12 graham crackers
ice

Pour Ensure into blender. Add peanut butter, graham crackers, and ice. Blend. Drink and enjoy! And check this out: The graham cracker was invented by Sylvester Graham in 1829. He lived in Massachusetts and invented this cracker to make a healthy snack for his vegetarian diet. So this is definitely an American treat. Sweet!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Look at you with your trivia! Nice touch. Such the intellectual...
p.s. this sounds good!

Michelle said...

I know, I'm really a geek!

;0)
M

Nate said...

I see you took my advice. Started a smoothie book :-D now you just need to make a buck or two on it.

Nate said...

I just got done reading all of the recipes. I think I'll try the Orange Ya Glad one.

I have to say, this is quite the creative and entertaning blog! Kudos!

You may want to get your self a chef hat after all this :-P