Kam, Rachel, and Michelle have banded together to discuss creative tips and recipes to help anyone who's recovering from jaw surgery. Please note we're not nutritionists - But through trial and error, we made these recipes with the hope that each meal would provide us with the nutrients we need and the zesty flavors we crave. We now share these ideas with you. Bon appetit and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Pie in a Glass









For all of you sipping on smoothies for the holidays, this is a good alternative to pumpkin pie

2-3 heaping tablespoons of pumpkin pie filling (more or less depending on your taste)
2 scoops of vanilla Muscle Milk powder
1-2 graham crackers
enough milk and ice to get the consistency that you prefer

Blend all ingredients until smooth and enjoy!
You may also substitute ice cream for the protein powder for a holiday treat.

6 comments:

Kam said...

Oh man.. I love Pumpkin Pie! This looks so yummy. :)

eaglecat said...

I was unable to find pumpkin pie filling already prepared.

I purchased a "Pie Kit" in a can and some carnation evaporated milk (as the can called for). (Already had pasteurized egg substitute.) Do I need to bake the filling after prepared?

Should I have just purchased a whole prepared pie and scooped out the goodness? Now that I think about it, while it is "just wrong", it may have been quite a bit easier. Sadly, the thought did not cross my narrow mind til now, having just returned from the store.

I await your advice. In the meantime I may just experient with some of that "liquid pie kit in a can" stuff without the carnation or egg, both of which I suspect when combined and bake only serve the purpose of helping it to "set-up", which we could care less about here. Just going for flavor.

Thanks!

- John

Nicole said...

Thank you for posting these! I just had jaw surgery last Friday and while I'm not wired shut, I'm on a "mashed potato consistency" diet for 5 more weeks. These will definitely help!

Pam said...

Yum! This sounds so delicious.

Anonymous said...

Tried it today, FABULOUS! Added ice cream and vanilla boost! Thanks!

deer antler spray said...

Yummy! I wanna taste it so bad.